Thursday, October 11, 2012

Review: Disney On Ice: Rockin' Ever After


You may remember that last year the boys and I were lucky enough to go and check out the Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream show when it came through Atlanta and it most certainly didn't disappoint. So, of course when we got the chance to head back ITP and see Disney's newest ice skating spectacular, I jumped at the chance and it was just as amazing as it was last year!

When arrived at the arena and took our seats, we immediately noticed that the "stage" seemed smaller than it was last year. Of course we were in different seats so it could have just been the angle but either way, it didn't matter. It is truly amazing to watch this show on any kind of stage but the fact that these actors are doing it on ice skates makes it even more surreal. Its a caliber of talent that is completely unmatched in my book.

This year we got to see a lot more of the characters that I remember from my childhood. There was Ariel and Sebastian telling the story of the Little Mermaid. Which was gorgeous to watch with the most colorful costumes and scenery it was probably as fun to put on as it was to watch.

Of course then there was Tangled and Brave which are the two newest but they most certainly were the young ones favorites. My K is obsessed with Tangled right now and he had a blast singing and bopping along with all of his favorite songs. Brave, which took hold of my heart this spring, was short and sweet but the songs and action had us all on the edge of our seats in excitement.

Last but not least was the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast. One of my all time favorite movies. I'll admit, I wondered how they were going to pull off the whole beast thing but they did! It was a seamless and captivating performance that gave you the feeling of being right there in the movie. Perfect.

All in all, this years show seemed to be a little shorter and less extravagant all the way around but it most certainly didn't lack any entertainment. We had a blast and I know that anyone with kids would too. If you are in the Atlanta area and are looking for show times and tickets, check out Disney's site for all the info. Even if you aren't reading this from Atlanta, you can get the information about the show coming closest to your hometown and snap up some seats before they sell out!

*I was given a set of tickets in exchange for this review but all opinions are my own and are completely honest. It really is that awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover