Saturday, September 15, 2012

Five.

My D,

Five. Wow. You are growing up so fast my big boy. This year you have really taken off too. You have grown by leaps and bounds both physically and emotionally. Your feet have gotten huge! Not only that but you have gotten a lot taller too, which I suppose explains the big feet. You look like a bi boy now even though I still see that helpless little squirmy baby in your expressions and mannerisms occasionally.
This year has been both frighteningly bad and amazingly good for you emotionally too. You have been dealing with a lot that should not be seen by someone your age. Mama got you some help with all those new emotions though and you are doing worlds better sorting things out. You have this way about you my D. You are wise beyond your years and stoic in your sense of purpose. You take on emotions and obstacles that other kids your age just don't process and you make them yours. You are resilient and smart. I admire your perseverance.

A friend of mine recently dubbed you "the senator" and it fits you with a hilarious accuracy. You are a processor, a thinker, a perfectionist. You are friendly, outgoing, and never see a challenge you can't overcome. Your sense of purpose radiates, even if you aren't just real sure what that purpose is immediately. You are cordial and polite with adults and caring with your friends. You are going to make an amazing gentleman the likes of which the world has never seen.

Of course you have your silly side too. Once you are sure of your surroundings, you love to laugh and goof off. You have the most amazing sense of humor. You get the funny in the world around you. You know when someone is poking fun at you an take it graciously. You love to put on puppet shows and are a master at making up theatrical performances for me on the fly whenever you come across a stage. You are my entertainer.


You have yet to see a physical challenge that you couldn't conquer. You have always been way more physical than any of your little friends and you are learning to put that to good use. You had your first broken arm this year though and that slowed you down a bit. You sometimes still get into trouble for running and jumping when you aren't supposed to be but you are trying to reel yourself in more than you have in the past when you realize you are getting out of control. You started T-ball this fall and soon your soccer season will start too. You are loving being the star hitter on your team already and you can run faster than anyone too. I think having more physical things going on in your life will help a lot with that too.

You were released from your speech program early this spring and you have continued to make great strides. You just needed a little push in the right direction that you were too stubborn to learn from me. Now, you are thriving and flourishing in pre-k and I am loving watching you grow and learn in a whole new way. You come home talking about your friends and the things you did and played that day. You are bringing home the most adorable art projects I have ever Your teachers are crazy about you too and it isn't hard to see why.




I look at you my big boy and my heart explodes happy. Even when the world is falling around us, you can always make everything brighter. You are my peace, my crazy, and my stillness all the same. I love you with everything that I am and it just gets even more intense with age. That mama/ son bond is fierce.

I can't wait to see what the next year holds for you my D. Whatever it is, its going to be a fun ride of that I can be sure of. You have a way of making the mundane more exciting. I'm so glad you chose me as your mama. I love you my little man.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover