Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama

Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?


~ I had to lock my kids out of my garage. Its the first time we have ever had to baby proof anything besides electrical outlets (and even they don't keep them from messing with them). I have never believed in gates or cabinet locks or anything like that. I just.. watch them. This time though, enough was enough and I got tired of telling D that the garage is not a play room. That and "Stop luring your brother into the garage and slamming the door in his face. He doesn't like to be alone out there.".
~ While giving the boys a tub the other night, I was cleaning the ick off the back of the bathroom door, the boys splashing and giggling behind me. Then: THUMP. Then: screaming. I spun around and K was out of the tub on all fours screaming his head off. Ensue freak out. He has been trying his damnedest to climb into the tub all week to no avail. He loves bath time. It never occurred to me that he would try to climb out of the bath tub. That he did though and landed smack on his forehead. He cried like I had smacked him for a few minutes, that sad, broken hearted cry but he was fine in a minute. I kept him up past his bedtime just to make sure he was okay and the next morning he didn't even have a bruise. Still scared the crap out of his Mama though. If he can get out, its only a matter of time he can get in.

~ D drank almost an entire cup of coffee yesterday. I got up like usual, got my coffee and then set it on the counter when I heard K waking up. After I got him all nursed and changed, I went looking for my coffee. It wasn't where I had left it. Or at least where I thought I had left it. Then I realized D had my cup.. and it was empty... and he was saying "Mmmm- mmm Mama! Thats soo gooooooood.". It was an interesting, very exciting morning after that. Kid can literally scale buildings with enough coffee in him apparently. 


Only three this week. Not that I have been good, but I have only slept a total of about 6 hours all week. Brains... not.... working...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover