Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama

Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?


~Totally gave K eggs the other day, wondered why he refused to eat them and then realized the milk I had mixed into them was expired. Yeah, I'm smooth like that. Lucky for me, he is smart enough to know when Mama is accidentally trying to poison him. I guess thats good, right? Survival of the fittest? Thank goodness D wasn't up yet, he will eat anything.

~Speaking of D eating weird things, he found a little bag of uneaten popcorn in the van the other day and started eating it before I realized what he had. Then I rememberd him getting popcorn at a local festival four days earlier. Did that stop him from eating it? No. Did I take it away and then have to listen to him scream about wanting it back? ... No...

~I was headed out of the house the other day to go to an early appointment (What? 9:45am isn't early?) and as I headed out, I told D to get his shoes on, which he did and then we all piled into the van and took off. It wasn't until we reached our destination that I realized he had on one sandal and one tennis shoe. When I asked him why he said "Don't know Mama, why not?" Little goober.

~On Wednesday, the lovely little town we live in decided to cluster fuck us and turn off our utilities. Lovely little thing about living in the city limits is having city power but county water and apparently they aren't very bright. The power company didn't believe our power was off. They seriously had to send someone out to check. Water people got all confused and cut our water off instead of just transferring it into our name from the landlords even though we had already jumped their loops and paid their deposits. Much Mama anger ensued when I had to go to the offices to speak to them. Of course, I had the boys with me and that usually relates to mass chaos anyway but add in the fact they both woke up as soon as the power went off at 7am and it made it a billion times worse. Literally like the circus had entered.the building. D touched everything in the power office with his sticky sucker hands and I'm pretty sure he made a call to China or worse on their reception room phone while K sat at my feet and hulk baby screamed the entire time. The water office I thought I would be smart and put K in the umbrella stroller so he would be confined. In the end when we left, D had entirely rearranged the magnetic welcome sign to jibberish, moved the trash can to the middle of the floor and layer his brother, stroller and all flat on his back in the middle of the floor. K was not fussing but had a look of terror on his face to match that of the receptionist. Needless to say, I think they will probably be more willing to talk to me over the phone next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover