Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Times AND Free Food For You!

So, last week was... interesting. Long. If you follow me on the Twitter though, then you already know this but on Wednesday I had the opportunity to attend a bloggers lunch here in the ATL with lots of local lady bloggers and their little ones (after terrorizing the water and power company that is). Which was fun enough but we also all got to try out Wendy's new Pick Two menu too as part of the deal.

If you aren't familiar with the new Pick Two deal at Wendy's, you should make yourself so. No really. You have the choice of a half premium salad, which was way bigger than I expected and you can also chose either a jr. bacon cheeseburger, baked potato, chicken to go wrap things, a small chili, a bottled water, or a small frosty/soft drink. For $4.99. Nice, right?

The Menu

We were all given a $7 Wendy’s gift card to purchase our lunch which was great. I had the Baja salad and a baked potato with sour cream and butter. Yeah, I picked the healthiest options. NOT. A small drink just isn't big enough for me either. I would have been refilling that about a million times. So I added a large drink to my Pick Two deal and it came out to just over 7 bucks, so definitely a good deal. It was a pretty good lunch for that price anyway. I was full but not painfully so. A healthy full I guess. Even though my salad was smothered in chili. Oh hell yes.

Baja Salad

Baked Potato with Sour Cream and Butter

I had an awesome time talking and getting to know the other local bloggers too. There were actually more of us than I realized even. I got to have lunch with Meghan from JaMonkey and Lindsay from Just My Blog but there were lots of others there and it was nice to finally put some names to faces and get to know a few of the others in our area. I wish I had remembered the business cards I had printed up but I am lame and left them home. Or I was just a tad bit frazzled by the time I woke up, realized we had no power or water, got dressed in the dark, terrorized the power and water company with my children and angrily drove to the meeting place. (Can you tell I am not over that yet?)


The group (Pic courtesy of JaMonkey)
Now, here is the exciting part for you'uns. What, never heard that before? Its a southern thing apparently. Anyway, exciting thing: I have a $7 gift card to give away to one of you! Nice, yeah?

So, yeah, here is what you need to do to enter:

Follow my blog and leave me a comment saying you do and what you would pick out of the choices if you were going to get it. Or that you like monkeys in tutus. Or just something so I know you want to participate. That is it. Not going to make you go all out and bother friends and stuff to win a $7 gift card. Of course, if you want to tell other people about it, then send them on over but its not necessary.

DISCLAIMER: I was compensated nicely for this post by TheMotherHood and Wendy’s but the opinions, pics and words are all mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover