Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mommy Confessions Week 8

Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?


~ K has been in disposable diapers this week. Not terrible except they make his bum red if he stays in the same one for more than 30 seconds after he pees. So, I have used lots of them. I got them so I could strip his cloth diapers and have a few left over for when the grandparents kept them but I have put off the stripping every day for one reason or another. The up side is, I am caught up on all of the other laundry. That is a miracle in itself. 


~ I have ignored the ever growing stack of coupons on my dining room table for almost a month now. I figure they will eventually cut themselves out but they just haven't done it yet. I really meant to give them a hand this week when there were no coupons in the paper but I was too busy lounging and generally enjoying the weekend.


~ I am in total denial. It hits me about this time every year. I am in denial about the boy's birthdays. I am not ready for them to be getting so big! Normal I guess but I really need to snap out of it. I have not bought the first present or decoration for the party. So far it looks like there are going to be a little over 35 people there, so I really can't stall any longer on the planning. 


~ I did finally buy K a pair of shoes. Just cheapy ones. Which is good, because we lost them the next day. So now he is back to barefoot baby until T gets paid. Le sigh.


~ I forgot about breakfast yesterday. Totally forgot to feed my kids guys. I felt like such a bad mommy. They had gotten up a little later than usual and my brain was fried from not sleeping well and I just totally spaced. I nursed K and gave D is "ma milk" but other than that nada. the only reason I even realized it was D brought me the cereal box about 1 o'clock and said "Mama, I hungries. I need a big snack.". Yeah, talk about feeling like mother of the year.


~ I have been spoiling my kids this week. Like, extra spoil. They are always a little bit spoiled but this week they have been running things. D has gotten dessert of some sort after most of his meals (at least the ones I remembered) and K has been tasting his brothers. Plus, they have both gotten new toys and clothes. Add that to the staying up late and not doing his "chores" and D is one happy camper. I really must be better this week. I think it all goes back to that denial/ guilt thing I have going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover