Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pigeon Forge: Family Fun on "The Parkway"

Last weekend I spent some time in one of my favorite Southern getaways: Pigeon Forge. My family has been to Pigeon Forge a handful of times over my lifetime. We would go there for
vacations, on church trips, and for family reunions when I was a child. I remember being in awe of all of the sights and goings on driving down the Parkway through town. There has always been a little of everything and of course that makes for a family paradise!

This trip was no exception. We arrive into town and immediately stopped for some pancakes at Flap Jack's. If you love pancakes, you will be in heaven in Pigeon Forge. There are over 50 pancake houses and each one has their specialty.

Pigeon Forge Titanic Museum Attraction
When we got done stuffing our faces, it was time to hit the museums and attractions! There are tons of indoor and outdoor attractions which makes it the perfect place to take a break year round. There is horse back riding, whitewater rafting, and hiking trails galore in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park nearby for the nature enthusiast or go karts, mini golf, and arcades. There are museums like WonderWorks to keep your mind busy or plenty of shopping to let it wander. We did a little of everything. I think my personal favorite was either WonderWorks or the Titanic museum. Both of which were very educational in the most entertaining of ways!

Of course, a visit to Pigeon Forge is not complete without checking out some of the amazing dinner shows, which include comedy acts, skits, magic tricks and live music! The music shows are some of the most popular and feature a variety of different genres that include Broadway, rock n’ roll, bluegrass, country and gospel.

We went to the Lumberjack Feud the first night and it was a blast! Good, Southern food and lots of logging competition which was a lot more exciting than I had anticipated. The second night we went to the Hazzard County Hoedown based on the fun and characters of the show the Dukes of Hazzard. Judge me if you must but this was so much fun! The actors and singers were top notch and my closet Dukes of Hazzard fan self had a great time!

The one thing that we didn't get to, that I wish we had because it was a big childhood paradise for me, was Dollywood. Dollywood is one of the original anchors of Pigeon Forge and a definite must for families that love a good roller coaster! Hopefully we will have more time to visit next time we are up that way!

All around, we had a great time. Pigeon Forge is a perfect place to head with the family any time of year for some relaxation and family oriented good fun. From littles like mine to teenagers to big kids like me, there is something to do, something to eat, something to occupy your mind with! We can't wait to go back!

Thanks to the Pigeon Forge Department of Tourism for facilitating our visit and reviews! We had a blast and all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover