Tuesday, October 30, 2012

RMM's 3 Year Blogiversary

Its official! Render Me Mama is officially 3 years old today. I spent a little time going back through and looking at all the old posts. Watching my boys grow up and my writing mature. Over the years its become more than the baby book it started out as. Its become a journal of my life, good and bad, in a way that I didn't expect would pull at my heartstrings quite as much as it does. Looking back on the good times of my now ending marriage, the times when K was just a teeny baby and when D first started showing real signs of growing up.

Looking through, I decided to share some of my favorite posts over the last three years but then I realized if I shared all of my favorite memories, it would be forever long and boring as a dead mouse to just about anyone but me. So, I cut it down to my favorite 3 posts. One from each year.

The first year, K was still a little baby. He was just almost six weeks when I started the blog and I could not have been more in love with him and his big brother (still am!). My favorite thing in the whole world was to just curl up with my boys and spend time smelling their smell and kissing their little faces. One afternoon, I was having a hard day and my boys knew just what I needed. Which lead to my realization that baby snuggles could, of course, heal the world.

The second year, I was getting more comfortable in my own blogging skin and started to share a little more. It was a good year for us. Of course, good always equals complete craziness for us but still, we all had each other. The post that sticks with me though is my 10 Promises to My Children post. I still remind myself of those very promises every day. Its something that I have considered over and over printing and framing for the kitchen. Maybe one of these days I will do just that. To remind myself that they are little and they need me most of all.

Then of course there is this year. This year has been a whirlwind of complete crazy. Its one that if not for this blog, I would probably just try to delete from my memory all together. It has had its good times but its definitely had its rock bottoms too. It can only go up from here. I think the hardest one that I have had to publish, ever, was the one about my miscarriage this Spring. It still makes my heart hurt all the way through to think about. I would have had a baby again. An almost two month old. Gah, now I'm crying again.

Of course, who knows what the future holds for my little family but I do look forward to sharing it and having these memoirs to hold on to. There are days where I consider giving up and saying goodbye to the blogging world. Those days are few though when I think back about the people I have met and the people I will someday meet and all the memories that are coming around to be written about.

Grow old with me, the best is yet to be ~ Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover