Monday, October 29, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness in November

November is almost here. November is a tween month for me. Its one where its time to reflect and take time to be thankful for where my year has taken me since the last one and get geared up for the Christmas crazies. Its when I get to spend time with family that I rarely see 

This year, November is bringing a new challange. In fact, it comes one of the biggest challenges of the 2012 list. The 30 days of Random Acts of Kindness. My friend Nicole turned me on to this last year when she completed the challenge and it sounded like something that would be fun to do with my boys. A little something to get them involved in giving back and taking an active part in bettering other people's lives, even if it was in some tiny, seemingly insignificant way.

The process is simple do 30 random, kind things for 30 people. You can do 30 things in one day or do 1 thing everyday for 30 days. However you do it, the idea is to extend your heart to bless someone's day in an unexpected way.

I have a few ideas of things to do already but some of them I am expecting will just happen. A by the seat of the pants kind of experiment in kindness I guess. I will be doing a weekly post to share what we have done that week. I am hoping to include my boys on the decisions and "acts" as much as possible. To learn to give as much kindness as possible and see the benefits it makes in your heart.


So, if you are up for the challange, join in. Share your RAK story. Or even just share some ideas! Either way, I challenge you to do some good this month. Prepare your heart for the giving season and make it a habit to continually do something kind for someone. There is no way to lose at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover