Thursday, December 1, 2011

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Musical!


Last night, Tommy and I completed yet another 2011 List item. We got all dressed up and went downtown, back to the Fox Theatre, to watch a Christmas spectacular unfold. We went to opening night of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. I have to admit, I was skeptical. I am an old school Grinch fan through and through. The movi version from a few year back just doesn't work for me. So, I was a little worried I wouldn't like the musical, broadway version.

Good news! I was wrong! I loved it! Granted it took a few minutes to really get started but after the first 5 minutes, T and I were laughing out loud and having an amazing time. We were dancing in our seats and singing out loud with the classic songs we knew all the words to. Songs like “Fah Who Doraze” and of course "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch" by Albert Hague and Dr. Seuss himself. The songs we didn't know were still just as fun to dance to.


The actor playing the role of the Grinch, Stefan Karl, hit the role dead on. He was energetic and hilarious but at the same time as evil and dastardly as you would expect of his Grinchiness. He was great at getting the audience to participate and have fun, something that can be hard to do in a live theatre setting. He had us all laughing and yelling and having a really good time.

The little girl playing Cindy Loo was a great little actress too. She has a beautiful singing voice and I am quite certain we will be seeing her for a long time to come.

If you are thinking about checking this out you most definitely should try to make it out. The show is only in Atlanta until Saturday as part of the 2011- 2012 Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Atlanta season.

Ticket prices start at $23. Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 1-800-982-2787. Orders for groups of 10 or more may be placed by calling 404-881-2000.


*I received two tickets to last night's performance as part of this review but all opinions are definitely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover