Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so its been a while since I had a confessions post. Still, we all have them. I have decided (again) its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week past few months in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?

 ~ Yesterday, I promised my kids that if they were good and ate all their breakfast, we would go play in the sprinkler in the front yard. I honestly thought they would forget... but they didn't. So, we got all swimmy suited up and got some sunscreen on and headed out front. As soon as D's little feet hit the driveway it started to rain. Wait, I think monsoon is a better word for what happened. I'm talking sideways, blowing kind of rain. So, what did I do? Ran out into the driveway, dragging my kids with me. We played in the rain for as long as it lasted and then, when it stopped, we hooked up the sprinkler and did our thing again. Our grass is rather well watered for the week I think. At least in the front yard.


~ I let K scrub the toilet. With an old toothbrush. Gross? Yes. Even though it was already clean. Kept him busy while I showered though didn't it? (The answer is yes. I even shaved my legs!)


~ Last weekend, our air conditioner was on the fritz. Big time. So while we waited for the landlord to answer our calls and come fix it, we stayed with my mother. In her two bedroom apartment. Stress city my friends, stress city. While we were there, D slept with her and K slept in the pack and play in her room. She got up with the boys every morning, letting me sleep in a little which was grand but I may or may not (totally did) take advantage of that. In fact, I would purposely stay in bed until I absolutely was about to pee myself just to get the little extra quiet time. 


~ I sing to my boys. Like, a lot. I love to sing. Always have. If you know me personally, you probably didn't know that. I don't sing in front of anyone but them unless I am quite intoxicated. You also probably didn't know that Tommy used to be a karaoke jockey and I used to go to his shows all. the. time. when we were "dating" (Which we only did for about 4 weeks but thats another story altogether.). Anyway. I sing. To my boys. And they love it. So there internet.

~ D got away from me. At the Dogwood Festival here in the ATL this spring. He was playing in the jumpy house and I was watching him while T and K were playing elsewhere. You guys, I literally turned my head for one second. ONE. I looked back and he was gone. Gone gone. I freaked out and started looking all around calling to him and the loser that was "running" the jumpy house claimed he never saw D get out which made me panic even more. I found him fast. Or rather he found me. He had gotten out and gone the wrong way. He came running back and jumped on me from about five feet away. It scared him pretty bad too. Worst. Mommy. Ever.


Ok, thats all the crazy I am letting out for this week. What about you guys? What are your confessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover