Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This Moment Right Here

This age, it's my favorite.. and this one... and the next one. I love every second of it. Motherhood. Every second spent with the boys is heaven. I miss them when they go to bed. So much so that I am not irritated when they wake up in the night and need a little extra snuggle. I am beginning to wonder if it is some kind of affliction. Thing is though, these kids... These kids are such a blessing. I look at them and I see happiness. I see the good times mixed with the bad. I see the tempers and the testing and I cherish it. It is going to make them awesome little kids.

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon playing in the yard. Well, they spent the afternoon playing in the yard. I spent some of it working on the garden, some of it taking pictures and the rest playing in the yard with them. We rolled around a little in the grass, letting the little white petals from the huge Bradford Pear tree fall down on us like snow and giggled our silly giggles when one landed on our faces. We played chase. We rolled around in the big giga ball they got for Christmas. They watched as I watered the seedlings and then took turns watering the bigger plants. Then we all took a nap and woke up to snuggle on the couch.

It was a fabulous afternoon. 

Some days, things aren't so happy dreamy. Some days they can be little terrors. Screaming, kicking, running. Thing is, they are little kids, right? Isn't that kind of their job? How could I be upset, or angry or frustrated at them because they are doing what they do best? Even if they are acting like little, tiny terrorists in a public place and every one is staring. Even if they are just a little needier than usual. Even if they wake me up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. I love every single minute of it. It's just awesome.

I want to here from you though, my friends. What is your favorite moment with your kids? Which moments do you cherish the most?

4 comments:

  1. <3 Sounds like my day yesterday! Being a momma is an amazing blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome that you can cherish it all as it's happening. I feel the same way as you, but many times after the fact. I can't always see how perfect it all is, while she's kicking me, when she's up 4 times in one night for no apparent reason, while she's pinching my neck, etc. I've got red in my hair and am quick to react. But, I always feel guilty for it, and always after the tantrum is over I realize it's her job and I revel in it. I love it. I couldn't ask for a better job. I could, however, ask for more patience so I can enjoy it while it's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley

    Girl, you know it. <3 These boys... they are a light to their Mama's world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nicole
    I hear ya. I have always been... a firecracker. I am quick to anger and slow to calm. Except with kids. For some reason it has always been that way and it is ten million times more that way with my boys.

    I do know that being a first time Mama with a husband that works crazy hours is total bullshit too. Just remember, she will only be this little once. She will only look at you like *that* for so long. Makes it a lot easier to take. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover