Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?


~I laugh when I shouldn't. I do it all the time. I know that the boys don't take me seriously when I laugh while telling them not to do something. Even if its hilarious, they don't need to see that I think its funny. Mostly because if mommy laughs, they do it again and then they are double in trouble.

~ I have been hiding in the bathroom a lot this week. At least the last four days. My mother is staying with us through snowpocalypse and with T being home too, I just need a break sometimes. There are so many people in my house and it is really kind of freaking me out a bit. Not that I am not happy to have them here and not have to worry about them, its just exhausting. My mothering duties are doubled this week and so I have been taking double breaks. I think that is fair.

~ D slid on the ice between our cars yesterday. Full out flailing in the air, entire body off the ground slipped. Why? Because he was running from me. Why was he running? We were playing like dinosaurs and I pulled a "big, mommy dinosaur is going to snuggle attack baby dinosaur" maneuver and he took off running. I felt horrible. He didn't cry, in true D style, he just got up brushed himself off and wrapped himself around me for a minute but it had to have hurt. Yep, still feel horrible.

~ We have eaten a ton of crap this week. From homemade brownies to cookie to popcorn. Of course we have eaten meals too but this is just the in between stuff. Usually I limit their crap intake and steer them towards cheese or fruit or raw veg. this week, not so much. To the point that D was begging for some green peppers (his favorite right now) today. I had not realized how much junk we have eaten until then I guess. Tomorrow, we will get back on track. Mostly because we have eaten everything else.

~ D drank most of my Starbucks Frappuccino today. We made an outing to beat the cabin fever that was quickly taking hold and I used one of the gift cards I had gotten for Christmas to treat myself. When we got home, I put it on the kitchen table and went in to change K's stinky booty. By the time I got back, D had sucked almost half of it down and had that wild look in his eye. The look of this-tastes-so-good-but-i'm-not-supposed-to-have-it-so-i'd-better-hurry-up-and-drink-it. My, foolish self hoped that it would not affect him and make him more hyper than he could handle but I was wrong. So wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I do a lot of laughing when I shouldn't. Sometimes it just makes things less awkward- or at least that's what I'm going for :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover