Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?

~ D stayed the night with his Nana this past weekend. It was supposed to be for one night so Tommy and me could get some work done around the house the next morning with only one kiddo under foot. Thing is, we did nothing. T went to work and I sat around and spoiled my little monster all day. So much so, D ended up spending another night with his Nana. It was nice to have some time to just focus on K. Not that he doesn't demand his fair share of attention but he wasn't having to compete with his big brother. I missed D terribly at night but it was nice to spend some one on one time with K.

~ I have been overly paranoid about the boys being out of my sight lately. I get anxious when they are all tucked in bed and sleeping quietly. I feel like I have to have one hand on both of them all of the time when we are out. Driving is stressful! Honestly though, I chalk it up to watching too many Dexter reruns here lately. We have watched the first two seasons back to back in the last week or so and I think its getting to me.

~ I gave K a cinnamon roll. Not note worthy particularly if I don't mention that it was a huge one. Like, size of his head huge. I gave it to him figuring he would lick the tasty cinnamon paste off and then go on about his merry way. He ate it all, guys. Every last crumb. Then, he proceeded to completely run around yelling what I can only translate as "Oh my God this awesome" for two hours. It was toddler hilarity at its finest. I swear he did everything but climb the walls. Mental note: Next time, half is enough. Unless I need some entertainment. Or a new sofa.

~ We have a new morning rule. See, my kids like to come jump in bed with mommy for awhile first thing in the morning and snuggle and talk and nurse and whatnot. Which is great. I live for those quiet, snuggly moments. Or at least I did. Until it got cold outside and therefore colder in their bedrooms and they started waking me up with ice cold hands to my sleeping, warm torso. D in particular thinks this is great fun. It makes Mama jump and scream obscenities after all. Who wouldn't love that? Mama. That is who. So, now before he can start pawing all over me in the morning he has to warm himself up under my big blanket. Then we can snuggle all he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover