Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Inspired by Finn: My Life Saver

Last years Favorite Things (and this year) list included amber teething necklaces from Inspired by Finn on Hyena Cart. If you know me very well or have asked me about them when I was out and about, you have gotten an earful on how much I swear by them.I have bought them for both boys from about 3 months on and they have been such a vital tool for keeping us all sane.

D started drooling and crankies and all the typical nasty teething crap at about 3 months of age. I am not the type of person to hop right on drugging my kids up to help natural processes. Hell, D has had Ibuprofen once and it made his so high he almost couldn't walk. Was funny but not. Anyway, I went looking for a natural way to help ease his pain and stumbled across some information another mom had posted to a group board about Inspired by Finn and decided to try them out.

When we would put that neckalce on him, it was literally like having a different child with in half an hour. The drool went away, he was happy, his gums were no longer swollen and he was just a happy fellow. Needless to say, he wore that sucker until way after he got his final teeth.

With K, we started putting his first teething necklace (it was a gift) on him at about 9 weeks old. At 5 months, he got his first tooth. No symptoms, no drool, no nothing. I was so shocked when I just happened to look in there one day while I was nursing him and tada! A Tooth! It was so easy. I couldn't understand why there is always so much talk about how horrible teething babies could be.

His got lost though. It was misery for a few months there guys. Seriously. He was so cranky when his top two teeth came in. I felt so horrible. So, I ordered yet another! Now, K is cutting his one year molars and the wonderful people at Inspired by Finn were kind enough to send me one for this "review". The only reason I knew about the molars was because he has taken to rubbing my finger on his new teeth when they pop through like "Hey mom, check this out!".

So, I guess you are wondering how all that works, right? Long story short: the heat from your child's body releases oils in the amber which carry succinic acid.

Succinic Acid is another name for Amber Acid that has been used in Europe as a natural antibiotic and general curative for centuries.

Natural Baltic Amber is high in Succinic Acid content and contains as much as 8 percent by weight. Succinic Acid is also a natural constituent of plant and animal tissues.

It is very important to your body. It is used in the Krebs Cycle which is involved in the intermediary metabolic process. Another name for the Krebs Cycle is the Citric Acid Cycle.

A powerful anti oxidant that helps fight toxic free radicals and disruptions of the cardiac rhythm, succinic acid has been shown to stimulate neural system recovery and bolster the immune system, and helps compensate for energy drain in the body and brain, boosting awareness, concentration and reflexes, and reducing stress.
Sounds strange right? I can however tell you it works first hand. It works. For serious. Not even just for teeth. Thats the awesome part. Anything that ails your baby (or you) can be eased with baltic amber. Colds, ear infections, arthritis, sports injuries, sinus problems. You name it. Like I said before, once has D had ibuprofen and he has had nursemaid's elbow three times. As long as he was wearing his necklace, he was fine. That is just amazing to me.

If you are looking for a natural, non drug way to help your baby through the teething stage, amber teething necklaces from Inspired by Finn are the way to go. Right now, if you "Like" them on Facebook you will get a 25% off discount. Thank you Inspired by Finn for making my last three years a breeze!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I feel really dumb, because I've heard of amber teething necklaces a bunch of times... but I was picturing a necklace the kid used to TEETH on. Like to chew on. And I wasn't down with that. This makes good sense. When Erica's eczema was so freaking out of control and none of her meds were helping, I started researching more natural remedies (I know it should really be the other way around, but I only claim to be semi-crunchy lol). I found out about Hazelwood necklaces, which work in the same fashion. They were a fail though. I am seriously considering trying the amber though. For Leah and Graham for teething and whatnot, and maybe even for Erica because of her pain from itching due to the eczema. Do you just keep it on them all the time?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover