Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?

~My boys love the vacuum. K loves to ride the vacuum. Or at least attempt to. D loves to run through the house screaming like a maniac on fire while I do it. Because of this, it offers a great distraction on days when they start to lose their shit for various reasons. This week, they are both going through a growth spurt. They are extra hungry, extra sleepy, extra cranky. Both of them. So, need less to say, I have the cleanest carpet in Georgia this week. 
~I have done all of the holiday shopping I have done so far with the boys in tow. K is too young to know or care. D however, has unwittingly tested and fondled all of his presents already. At least I know he will like them?

~We have lived in this house for 6 weeks. One of the main reasons we decided on this house was because of the fenced, grassy backyard for the boys to play in safely. We were so excited that they would have a yard. I realized yesterday, we have taken advantage of it exactly twice. The first time was shortly after we moved in and had some friends over. The second was the day our patio furniture was delivered the week after we moved in. Even today, I took the boys outside to play but we went out front so D could ride his tricycle. 

~K ate a bug. For real this time. I squished it on the floor of the garage with a shoe, went to get a paper towel and came back to no bug and a toddler with a disgusted look on his face. Apparently garage bugs aren't tasty. Who knew?

~I let my kids have some of the raw cookie dough from the cookies we made. Shock! Horror! Guess what? It was worth it. Seeing the look on D's face. K didn't care for it but D was immediately hooked. His eyes light up when he tasted it and he smiled his sneaky, happy smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover