Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?




~ I ate the kid's Halloween candy. Now, that may sound like kind of a big duh but let me tell you guys.. I ate. it. all. Well, all the good stuff. I left the nasty cookies and cream Hershey's and the random suckers. It was calling to me from the top of the fridge in all its unhealthy, tasty glory. It started as a "I'll just eat the Reese's" then turned into an all day, all night pork fest where I only ate candy. Even the crap candy that was left was still calling me but I was able to look away.


Next year I think I will have to have the kids hide the candy from me instead of me hiding it from them.

~ During nap time one day this week, I got the scare of my life. T and I were laying in our room talking while he was on a break between jobs when the doorbell rang. He jumped up and went to get it while I got some pants on to come out. It was the neighbors from across the street coming to tell us that D had opened his window and was making an attempt at escaping his bedroom window to the yard. Freaked. Out.


I had tried to open his window before and I couldn't easily get it open so stupid me assumed it just wouldn't open. Or at least that D wouldn't be able to open it. I was wrong.


Not only did he get the window open but he also almost got the screen out and escaped into the yard. Needless to say, his window is now blocked by his huge dresser and screwed shut.


My mind has been buzzing with the what ifs since then. What if he had gotten out and gotten hit by a car? What if he had been taken? What if is a scary and terrible thing as a parent. Add in the guilt of having tried and dismissed the threat and I officially feel like the worst parent on the planet.

~ A little back story on this one: My mother stayed with us on Monday night. She does that sometimes when she wants to spend a little extra time with the boys. Also, I have mentioned a couple of times that D has started having a little anxiety and nightmares. Normal for the age, not worried about it, its only happened a couple of times. Also, also I had changed his sheets.


Anyway, I let D pick out a movie for him and his Nana to watch while I made our dinner and he picked the movie "The Incredibles". Now, he has seen that movie a hundred times but not in a few months so I thought nothing of it. He seemed fine and watched the whole thing, in two parts because of dinner, and then we started getting ready to go to bed.


When my mom went to tuck him in, he had a minor freak out about the sheets. He insisted I put the rocket ship sheets back on his bed or he was just not going to sleep in there. That should have been the first warning sign. Put the blankets and pillowcase back on and he calmed down and went right to sleep.


About an hour later though, he woke up screaming in a complete, sweaty panic. I got up and ran into his room and he was sitting up in his bed, thrashing around and screaming at the top of his lungs. It was the kind of nightmare that he was having a hard time waking up from. It took about five minutes, a glass of juice and some serious snuggles for him to calm down. Once he did, he told me he never wanted to watch "scawy movie" ever again. I agreed whole heartedly and almost threw it in the trash as soon as I left the room. My poor bubs.
~ I hid in the bathroom. Again. This time in public. I was out with all three boys and seriously just needed a minute. Or five. So, I excused myself to "use the bathroom" and let T wrangle the two wild, screaming monkeys while I sat in the quiet bathroom and checked Twitter. It was nice but not long enough. Also: no candy.




So, anyone else eat their weight in candy then nearly lose/ scare thier kid to death only to hide from them in the bathroom later? Or do I officially win Mother of the Year? Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover