Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama

Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?


~K busted his lip again. This time on the garage floor and I have no idea how. I was doing some laundry and he was playing in the garage floor behind me. Next thing I know he was screaming and bleeding everywhere. I have no idea how he went from sitting in the floor to face plant on the concrete. It takes a special skill I think. My poor baby got Mama's clumsy.

~K is also trying to drop a midday nursing. The one right before his nap. I would be a total liar if I said it wasn't killing me. I don't know why it is bothering me so bad. He still nurses great the rest of the day but that feeding, his sleepy feeding, is special to me. He curls up into my chest and snuggles in with his hands between us and drifts off. He does it at night too but the midday one is better because I am not completely exhausted. Who knows, he could still decide not to drop it and I won't force him to do it but it still makes me sad.

~Discovered yesterday my coffee pot is not working right. Not cool. In fact I may have had a minor freak out about it. I didn't used to be a coffee person. I would have the occasional Starbucks here and there and on holidays or whatnot at my mother's house I would have a cup. Then, I had K. At first, I didn't realize how much I needed that morning coffee. It actually wasn't until he started crawling I realized just how much I needed it but I do. Judge me if you must but that morning coffee keeps me sane and for my pot to be on the fritz really kind of freaks me out.

~ Ok, so I admit it, last weekend we went to the apple farm and pumpkin patch and I was not looking forward to going. I knew it was going to be a long day, lots of driving, no naps, etc. Truth is though, we had a blast. The boys slept a little in the car, we had an awesome, outdoor picnic, the boys enjoyed both places way more than I thought they would. It was just all around awesome*. Teach me to feel that way again.

~ The other day, I was out in the front yard poking around with D. Tommy had gone inside to get K out of bed from his nap. After a minute, D heard K start yelling at his daddy (apparently T wasn't changing his diaper fast enough) and told me he was going in to get daddy. About a minute and a half later, T came outside and asked if I was watching D. I told him that he had come in to find him just a second ago and asked if he had not seen him. Oh, he had seen him, only now where he was supposed to be. D had gone in and tried to pour himself a glass of iced tea from the pitcher on the kitchen table and poured the whole, almost full container all over the kitchen. It was everywhere. On the table, the floor, the counters, him, the chairs. Everything was soaked. Teach me to leave full pitchers of tea laying around.

~For those of you keeping track, I am doing a little bit better about the whole moving thing. We finally found our silverware. It was in a box of magazines in our bedroom. Sigh. I was telling my bestie the other day, its just very disorienting. I lived in that apartment complex literally longer than I have ever lived in one place in my whole life. In that town doubly as long. I don't know where anything is anymore and that is so intimidating. T asked me where Wendy's was the other night and I almost just sent him back to the old town rather than bother finding out. That would be the problem with only moving 8 miles away.I think it would have been easier to move cross country.

*Going to try to make a post about our trip tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover