Monday, August 2, 2010

Music Monday- Lullaby Edition



 Music is a huge part of Tommy and I's relationship. Its something we bonded over in the beginning and still connect with now.  I will be posting the lyrics to a song and what it means to me every Monday (hopefully). At least until I run out of interesting things to say (Or I forget). Make sense? Feel free to do your own but please link back to me and add your site to the MckLinky below!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moon, moon, moon by Laurie Berkner (The lyrics we sing are a little different, hence the ( ) )


Moon moon moon, shining bright
Moon moon moon, my nightlight
Moon moon moon, I can see
Moon moon moon, you're taking care of me


Look up, it's the moon
Look up, it's the moon
Look up it's the moon up in the sky
(It's big and bright, Its my nightlight)
And it looks just like a (lemon pie)!


The Cuppycake Song by Judianna Castle


Your my honeybunch, sugarplum
Pumpy-umpy-umpkin,You're my Sweetie-pie.
You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop
Snoogums-Boogums, You're the Apple of my eye.


And I love you so and I want you to know
That I'll always be right here
And I love to sing sweet songs to you
Because you are so dear.


I Love You by Lee Bernstein (made famous by Barney)


I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?


I love you
You love me
We're best friends
Like friends should be
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?


Mama's Gonna Buy You a Mockingbird (English Nursery Rhyme)


Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.


If that mockingbird don't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.


If that diamond ring turns to brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.


If that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy-goat.


If that billy-goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.


If that cart and bull turns over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.


If that dog named Rover won't bark,
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.


If that horse and cart falls down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town. 

***This week I decided to the lullabies we sing to our babies. Singing a song (or six) before bed has been a big tradition with us since day one with D. A couple of them D now sings to K and it is absolutely the cutest, most awesome thing EVER. They don't really need an explanation so I've left that part out. If you really think you need one, re- read that first sentence again. I did link the titles to YouTube if you need an example.***





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover