Monday, July 19, 2010

Music Monday


 Music is a huge part of Tommy and I's relationship. Its something we bonded over in the beginning and still connect with now.  I will be posting the lyrics to a song and what it means to me every Monday (hopefully). At least until I run out of interesting things to say (Or I forget). Make sense? Feel free to do your own but please link back to me and add your site to the MckLinky below!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocketship by Shiny Toy Guns



Can we get away?
Far away...
Let’s leave this place
Will you come with me?
Are you down...
To turn your world around
Its you and me tonight...
Leave it all behind

Let’s go for a ride...

V2
Say goodnight to gravity
Hold on to me...
The passing stars light the way
The future's here today
Its you and me tonight
Leave it all behind...

Bridge
Get in my rocketship
We’ll leave the light of day
Staying on the turning away
There’s no tomorrow
Just today...
Together we will follow
...fly away
Never mind tomorrow
..Just today

Leave it all behind...
Let’s go for a ride


Ok, so how many people haven't been here? The restless in me lately had been almost tangible. I have lived in Georgia longer than I have ever lived anywhere my entire life and every fiber of my being is screaming "run away! run away!". We don't own a house or anything to keep us tied here so why not just run away? There is no real reason for it other than a subconscious fear of complacency I suppose. I have awesome friends here, our families live here, we are happy here. That however has not stopped us from talking about just packing up and leaving. I guess the tension around our house is not making it better either but sometimes it is nice to think about just packing up and living a gypsy life until we find our place. Our Utopia. Who knows, maybe someday we will. Not anytime soon though.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, My mother lives in Ringgold and I am from Nashville originally. I ran all the way to NYC to go to school and never looked back so you aren't the only one who can't (or couldn't) wait to get out. Some places you can't appreciate until you leave. That being said, bloom where you're planted is good advice.

    I an your newest follower. I found you on FMBT.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover