Monday, April 26, 2010

Kindness and Karma Week: 1.0


My bloggy friend, Jamie over at Grumbles and Grunts, started this carnival of sorts this week and I decided to join in. Its all about stress and worry and how to let it go. Go check it out and join in! Lets all try to help each other relieve some tension!

Today's question: Is worrying about it and letting it ruin your mood really going to make it any better?

Oh, the things I worry about. From the real threats to the what ifs. Most of which I know the answer to. So why do I let it get to me? Am I hard wired to stress about stupid stuff? I literally catch myself lying awake at night sometimes and worrying about things like if I put the wet laundry in the dryer earlier or not. If I didn't is it going to sour over night? Should I go check or not worry about it? Then I fret for half an hour over it and end up getting up to check only to remember half way to the laundry room I had done it hours ago. Or I worry about my boys or T while he is at work or my sister that lives so far away. What if the car breaks down on vacation? What if T gets fired? What if nobody really likes me? What if we all get smashed by a huge asteroid in our sleep??

So then we get back to the question at hand. Does it make anything better? Nope. I know that. Things are what they are for the most part and stress usually only makes the bad times worse. I know for me at least, the more stressed I am, the more mistakes I make which only causes more stress. Stress that could have been avoided in the first place. Why do I do that to myself??

What I really need to work on is letting things go. Less dwelling on the worries and more focusing on the NOW. My boys aren't going to stay little forever. They won't ever be two and seven months again. I need to redirect my energy to enjoying every last second of their childhood. I love it now, but imagine how much more awesome it could be if I didn't spend so much time worrying about often inane and worthless troubles.  I love these boys more than life itself and I want to be able to focus on making them enjoy life as much as possible. How can I do that if I am constantly wrapped up in my own troubles.

So here is my pledge. I am going to start talking myself through things and finding the positive in every situation. Or at least try. I remember a line from the show Dharma and Greg where they were talking about bad things in your mind. Ok, well, I don't remember the exact line, but the gist was to put things in a bubble and let it float away. So, that is what I will try to do. When something starts getting to me, I will blow it into that imaginary bubble and then let it go. Sounds corny as hell but I think it may help me out some to have have a physical means of "letting it go". Heres to trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover