Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting ready

We are getting ready for Christmas around here! I am trying to get finished with all the shopping and things today so I can sit back and relax. Pre-kids I would have been done at least a month ago but it just gets later and later every year now. Just too much to do now. There are a couple of things I need to have T here with me to do though and he is workin' workin'.

We did manage to get our tree up last week though. D was SO excited when he saw it in our living room and he has made it his personal mission in life to make sure it stays plugged in every second he is awake. Its so cute how excited he is and we haven't even gotten the ornaments on it or the rest of the decor out yet. We had originally planned on putting our ornaments on the tree but I am starting to rethink it. Besides making sure its lit up 27/7 he also likes to grab the branches and spin it around. That, apparently, is hilarious when your are two. He loves his "treemas tree" though.

We are going to try to take him to see Santa soon too. I would love to get a cute picture of the two of them with a quality Santa. You know, the kind with a real beard and no pillows stuff in his shirt? The one at the mall here seems to be pretty realistic so we may give that a shot one day next week. Hopefully he doesn't freak. Although, sometimes those are the best pictures. The ones where they look like hostages. Maybe that is just my sick sense of humor though.

A friend of mine and I were chatting the other day about Christmas traditions and how she really wants to start some things this year that will last. She has a daughter almost the same age as D and was saying that she feels like they will really "get" more of it this year. I have been thinking about it (dangerous!) and I realized that our traditions as a family have been totally skewed around what every one else wants and their traditions. Like, I really would love to be able to just sit back and relax some this year. It seems like we spend so much time running and shopping and seeing family, that we just don't get to spend much time just chilling at home with just the four of us. "Christmas" for us is 4 days long with no break. This year we are going to spend some time just hanging out at home if it kills us all! We have always driven around and looked at the lights and such but its just not the same. I talked to T about it and he sort of agreed but he usually sissys out if it means standing up to family so we shall see. I'm not looking to change much really anyway, just add. If that means we have to cut something though, then so be it. I have a few things in mind that I would be fine without any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover