Monday, November 2, 2009

Dinner with the girls

Went out tonight with two of my favorite girlfriends to "The Melting Pot". Super yummy fondue place. Its always so nice to get out away from the house for a bit. Even better with good friends.

I got home and got to thinking about the different places I lived growing up and the different friends associated with each place. It was always really hard for me to make friends. It still is. I'm a bit of a bull in a china shop, so to say, with most people. Not really sure why. I have had people tell me I am intimidating because I am tall (6') or because I am quiet. That never really made much sense to me. Shy = scary? Maybe its my sense of humor. The only persons I know that gets it on a regular basis is my sister because she has the same sense. Maybe its my aggressiveness. Maybe I really am just a weirdo.

I would love to say that it has gotten better as I have gotten older but I can't really say that it has. I think back on all the friends I have lost touch with or had falling outs with and it makes me nostalgic. Not really sad, no one wants to lose a good friend. Just chapters closed I guess, as corny as that sounds. Some of those chapters have been reopened and closed several times and thats great too. I'm just glad to have met and loved them all at some point.

As for now, I have my two "girls" and we are gonna have a hell of a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover