Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happiest of Birthdays to Me!

Today, I turned 32. Scary thing, 32. Still, I could not have asked for a better birthday. Considering how bad the last few years have gone, there wasn't really much competition. I spent the morning with my boys hanging out and opening presents. D insisted I had to have a party crown so I dug out my mother's old homecoming queen crown to wear for the morning's festivities. We had birthday cake for breakfast and then I opened the presents the boys and my mother had gotten me.

My favorite part of the morning though, was the boys' singing me happy birthday and then helping me blow out my candles. *swoon*


After we messed around the house for awhile we got dressed and went to our favorite restaurant for lunch. The boys call it the "fire restaurant" but its actually a Japanese steak house. As we stuffed ourselves silly, D leaned over and told me I was his best friend in the whole wide world and I nearly broke down in tears. These boys definitely know how to make their Mama feel special. 




After lunch, I went shopping with my father. That's right ladies and gents, my father voluntarily took me shopping for clothes. Four stores later, something tells me he regretted getting himself into that situation. I kid. He helped me find some great new work/ interviewing clothes and for that I am so grateful. With money as tight as it is and with all the weight I've lost, my closet is a bit scary. 
Not the best picture but its new!!
When I got home from shopping with my dad, I had a couple of surprises waiting for me. Actually, the delivery man was just getting out of his truck to give one to me. Talk about service! Anyway, I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from a close friend that is out of town for my birthday and let me tell you what, I haven't cried like that in awhile. Happy tears but totally unexpected tears. 

Gorgeous, Right??

I also got a beautiful plant and gift card for a mani/ pedi from a close friend of the family and a new bathroom rug (which was quite needed) from my mother. 

I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family that have made my birthday special. From Facebook posts and emails to flowers and gifts, there is no doubt in my mind that I am loved this year. Its such a wonderful feeling and it has certainly made my birthday rich and happy. Happiest of birthdays to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover