Friday, May 24, 2013

Gearing Up For Memorial Day

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend. For me, its time to get a little relaxing in! Of course I have to work Saturday and Sunday but still, plenty of time to get some fun in the sun in. It is going to be a gorgeous weekend here in the ATL too.

We are planning on spending time visiting my father and cooking out and hanging out with some friends on Saturday. Spend a nice relaxing Sunday and Monday camping and then having yet another cookout on Monday with my mother. The perfect kick off to the Summer months, don't you think?

Of course Memorial Day is, by rights, a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. I have been lucky enough to not suffer the loss of any immediate family members that have served in the military but I do have countless friends and distant relatives that have. Its a loss that strikes to the core and something that is always difficult to bear.

Our U.S. military has the hardest job and it often results in paying the ultimate price. They deserve to be revered and memorialized more than just one weekend out of the year and I hope that all Americans carry gratitude in their hearts for the fallen, their loved ones, and their communities.

So, I urge you, between hamburgers or beers or smores this weekend, take a moment and say a prayer for all of our fallen Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Coast Guards that have lost their lives protecting your right to celebrate unhindered.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover