Monday, December 17, 2012

T Minus Seven

Image via Google. I wish this was my tree.
Seven. Seven days Christmas. Holy reindeer. 240 hours. Thats no time at all! Especially when you subtract all the hours that will be wasted doing things like working and sleeping. It has really snuck up on me this year. I have always been done and ready for Christmas by now. Usually I am anxious to get the show on the road and chomping at the bit to get down ton the holiday business by now. Always been an over achiever in that area at least I guess.

This year, my sister is coming for Christmas, which is what I am looking forward to the most. She made a fly through visit this fall when her best friend passed away but before that it had been a ridiculously long time since we had seen her. D asks about his Aunti more than he asks about anyone else. In fact, I have taken to not telling him she even coming until hours before her arrival because otherwise he would ask how much longer every. five. minutes.

We have a lot planned between now and Christmas too. Lots of fun activities and events and family to see. This time of year has always been kind of insane for us but it seems like its all much more condensed this year.

Of course our Christmas is missing some of the festivities that usually accompany this time of year. That makes me kind of sad even it if was a source of contention at the time. Hindsight can be a blessing and a curse.

Still, seven more days. A crazy seven days, with little time to stop and think but maybe thats what we all need, right? Especially after such an emotional weekend. I think we all need the crazy to make us so thankful for the cold and dreary January coming at us like a freight train.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover