Sunday, November 18, 2012

Here Goes Nothing

Well, here it goes. The Holidays. Are you ready? Because I’m not. Not this year. I am not looking forward to the crazy like I usually do. Normally I am all riled up at this point. Chomping at the bit so to speak to stuff myself silly on Thanksgiving and then get out there and battle the crowds on Black Friday. To get the best deals possible and rub shoulders with hundreds of other people in the cold. If you know me well, you know that I usually look forward to this all year long.


Not this year though.

My mother says I am getting old. To which I said shut up old lady and then she didn’t speak to me the rest of the evening. I think I won that argument.

I suppose it’s just par for the course. It’s been a crazy enough year and this week has been no exception. Lots of ups and downs and forehead smacks along the way.

I figure I have plenty of time to get into the mood though. It’s only Sunday, after all.

Then comes Christmas. Which I am more excited about than usual at this point I guess. I am looking forward to decorating the new place and starting some new traditions with the boys. One of which is actually sending out Christmas cards this year. Something we haven’t been able to do in the past for one reason or another.

Christmas just brings a whole different energy to it too. Especially with kids. It’s always so magical to them. No matter how big or little it is in terms of gifts and such, kids always have that look in their eye about Christmas. This year, it started early for my boys. They are both old enough to remember last year and holy cow are they excited. We started watching Polar Express before Halloween.

I only wish they could forget other things.

Of course, I got the news that my sister may be coming to see us for Christmas too and that, my friends, is some exciting news. I miss my sister. I miss her a lot. When she was going through a (much more civil) divorce years ago, we used to go and sit at a coffee shop and just talk. I was pregnant with D at the time and she would get all weirded out when he would turn a flip and my whole belly would shift and I would laugh at her reaction. I miss that. I miss just hanging out with my sister. I’ve needed her this year in a way I never really thought I would. The distance is hindering though. She better come. *ahem*

So, that’s where I am about the holidays this year. Like I said, it’s early yet, I guess. There is time for the crazy excited thing to happen. I think I will spend a little time checking out the Black Friday ads this afternoon and see what happens. Then maybe me and the boys will go check out Santa at the mall. If there is anything that can force jolly on you, it’s a mall Santa.

Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover