Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 List


Here we go again ladies and gentlemen! Every year for the last 8 years, Tommy and I have had a list of things to accomplish. For the last 3 I have blogged about them for you all to see, learn from, or hold against me (20102011). Hopefully more the last two than the last. Still, the premise is simple: 12 things, 12 months, 12 posts.

1. Travel. Its time for this little family to do some vacationing again. Near or far, its time to get the lead out and head out of town. Heck, I would prefer out of state but I would take out of metro. Who knows, we may even find ourselves a new home! Gatlinburg!

2. Redo my kitchen. If the kitchen is the pulse of the home, mine is flat lining. The dishes and lack of decor left over from our newlywed days are seriously wearing thin on me. The plates and such are pretty but not my style and with as much time as I spend cooking, I deserve a nice space. Completed 12/18!

3. Clear out some old kids things. Ideally I would like to put a ton of items in a consignment sale. Its time to let go of some of the things from their past, no matter how much it pains me. Completed!

4. Read a book. The whole thing. I am an information and book junkie and it has been a long time since I got a whole book done without forgetting. I read Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson! / I also re-read The Help by Kathryn Stockett! (I totally didn't post about these because.. seriously? I read a book. Yay me.)

5. Host a dinner party. I don't care if its just a few people or a hundred. The last gathering we had at our house was after a funeral and its time to correct that juju. Plus, its time to put some of those Pinterest ideas to work!

6. Complete the 30 Random Acts of Kindness challenge. A good friend of mine did this last year and I was inspired to do the same. If nothing else, its a good karma booster. Completed in November!

7. Get D involved in an activity outside the house. I have been struggling with signing him up for dance classes for awhile but its time for him to get out there and get some exercise. So, I am going to look into some trial classes on a bunch of different things and go from there. Hopefully it will be a quick decision. He started Preschool! / And T-ball and Soccer!

8. Revamp my wardrobe/ look. Seriously. Its rather sad. Its been years since I bought new shoes. I don't even want to tell you how old most of my tshirts are. So, yeah. Its time. (Hold me. I'm scared!) I lost 30 pounds!I cut my hair! / I got my eyes updated!

9. Visit the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta. I have never been to the new building and I think we would enjoy it. Plus, its right next to the Olympic Park fountains so the kids get to have some fun too! Completed in December!

10. Work on my photography. I have gotten so terribly lax on learning and trying to make things look good. I went from selling a few pieces to hardly touching my camera. I am far from a photographer but its something I enjoy. Rather than another failed 365 attempt, I decided to just take some time, or maybe a course, on learning to do it right. I need to make time for my hobby if nothing else.  Check out the Photo Mojo Challange!

11. Go on a family bike ride. Of course, everyone but me has a bike though so this is kind of a two part type deal. First: Buy me a bike. Second: Family bike ride. Bonus: Take a picnic

12. Spend some time dancing in the rain with just my husband. We used to dance in the rain every chance we got. After having kids, it seems to be one of the things we let go of. Of course we still jump in puddles with the boys but its just not quite the same. He gave up on me. / So I did it with my boys instead.

 Last year I completed them all. Let see if I can do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover