Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Its That Time of Year Again: NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo 2011


NaBloPoMo. For those of you that have never heard of it or are debating taking the plunge, I highly recommend it. The premise is simple, at least one blog, everyday, for one month. November. If you are blogging regularly, it is well worth it to try. If you aren't, it really helps get your juices going. Your mindset corrected to blogging regularly. It helps you get more comfortable with your ideas and putting them out. Sounds weird but trust me, come a week and a half in and you are blogging about random things to get your day in. Plus, you might win prizes!
I wrote that last year. The last two years, I have participated. Writing everyday for a month. This year, I have really struggled with joining in. Call it identity crisis, call it lazy, call it what ever you want. I just met the idea with dread every time I thought about it. It didn't help that I found out that it had been taken over by the blogging world's big brother: BlogHer.

Now, don't get me wrong, BlogHer is awesome and all. It offers a great place for people to connect with other like minded bloggers and is a good resource for all kinds of things outside the blogging world. Someday, I would love to attend their yearly conference and hang out with the people that I read about daily. Its not really the BlogHer idea that gets me. The community thing though,  its just... not really my scene? I am not a huge self promoter, it really gets me anxious like nothing else, and honestly, the people that are over promoters tend to get under my skin and that seems to be where they all hang out. Plus, it always sucks when something you love gets sucked in by a big bro because even though they just swear up and down they don't plan on changing anything, they will. They will change it hard.

Thing is though, its a challenge that I think I really need right now. I need to get back to my basics and blog more about what is important to me. The PR work that I have done in the past and have in the works is fun and its a challenge, but there is more I have to say about life and its time for me to say it. Its time for me to find a good balance of the things I am passionate about, the things that I know you want to talk about along with all of the new information and opportunities in my life.Its time for me to put myself out there again. Find my mojo.

If you are going for it this year too, let me know. I love meeting new people through NaBloPoMo but there are over a thousand blogs on the roll this year. Thats a lot of stuff to weed through. If you want to check out my last two years of 30 days writings you can see them here: 2009, 2010.

Lets do this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover