Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tis the Season

It has arrived. About this time every year, I do my very best to hold it together. The middle of August has arrived and with it, the count down to September. Despite my rising anxiety and nostalgia, its coming. And its coming fast. The busy month.

September 9th is T's birthday. September 14th my baby turns two. September 15th my big boy turns 4. September 18th our marriage turns 7. Add in the birthday parties and the others we attend that month plus the fact that I am (direly and exasperatingly) hoping my sister is able to come for a little bit for the Boys' birthdays and you reach critical mass on time and energy where everything is rushed and hectic and.. well, awesome. This year we have the added stress of trying to find a living space that won't have all of us pulling out our hair all the time. Oh, and I can't forget to add in D's preschool stuff and activities. That along with all the drama that comes along with being us in general and you can imagine how hectic it gets around here.

September every year we celebrate all month long. There is always an exciting step for our family just around then bend. A new milestone every weekend. Then, when September ends, there is fall. Wonderful fall. Just there, waiting for us in all its wonderfulness.

For now though, this last few weeks of August, I spend my days running around preparing for September. It seems silly to me right now to stock up the freezer with easy meals and such but in all reality, come September 1st, I will be thankful I did. Much easier to just pull things out and heat than to have to think about it.

That and getting every thing together for the Boys' birthday party. Which I am crazy excited about this year. We are doing it a a local park that features a huge pirate ship shaped playground (one of their favorites) and of course, what theme would you have but pirates! It is crating a tad bit more work for me having to figure out what to do and what to have and that but I am still excited and I know the boys will love it.

Suffice it to say, things are about to get real crazy up in here. Its the kind of crazy hectic that I tend to thrive on though. The more I have to do, the less time I have to eat. Plus, I am gearing up to complete the grand 30 day no spend challenge! That should be an adventure all in its own. We start October 24th. That way I can knock it out before black Friday!

I guess I say all that to say, bear with me. Its going to be a fun and exciting few months here until the end of the year. I won't say the best is coming but certainly the most shenanigans are so hang in there and hope for the best! At the very least prepare for a photo explosion!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover