Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Perfect Pairings

Yep, thats me. The freakishly large one.
Last week, I was lucky enough to be invited to join a group of bloggers here in Atlanta so we could trade out some stories, have a relaxing picnic and and of course share our favorite Summertime perfect pairings. There are a million perfect pairs out there. Sweet and salty is my particular favorite. Caramels and seat salt. Ice cream and Fritos. My favorite Summer combo though is peach salsa and Tostitos tortilla chips. A perfect blend of sweet, spice, and salt. So, of course that is what I brought to the picnic! Homemade peach salsa and some Tostitos Scoops (to make the plate to mouth delivery easier).

Never made your own Peach salsa? Never had peach salsa? That, my friends is a terrible shame. Its super easy and so good it will "make your tongue slap your brains out". Its also super easy and quick to prepare:

First, gather up the ingredients:

Mmmmmmm...
1lb peaches, chopped (make the chunks as big or small as you like)
1/2lb tomatoes, chopped
2 medium sized jalapenos, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped (beginning to see a pattern here?)
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
12 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
6 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
2 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Then, one more step: Mix it all in a bowl and eat with Tostitos.



See? I told you it was easy. You can add or subtract the jalapenos to suit your taste. Same with the cilantro. I personally like a tad bit more spice to mine so I usually end up adding another half a jalapeno or so. Easy peasy. I had also never tried the Tostitos Scoops before but I'll tell you this: they made eating this chunky salsa a lot easier and less messy. Always a plus when you have kids.

Don't like peaches? Or salsa? Frito Lay has you covered. There are a ton of awesome pairing recipes on their website.

What are some of your favorite "perfect pairings"?


Frito-Lay provided the Tostitos chips and ingredients to make my recipe. But my opinions are, of course,  all my own. Thank you to Frito Lay and the Motherhood for a wonderful picnic!

Like this recipe? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover