Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ow.

Yesterday was a long one. It started okay. D was at his Nana's house so T and I took the opportunity to sleep in with the monster and it was so. good. Once we got up, we started scrambling though. We had a lot planned. We were gonna get rent paid, pick up D and then hit Ikea for a little housewares touching. We like to go in there and sit in all their little premade houses and then debate about being able to live there while the kids touch everything. They love it when we come by.

Anyway, we didn't make it to Ikea but we did eventually get the first two done. The only snafu was on the way to pick up D, we ran out of gas. Oops. Actually, T has kind of a habit of doing that. Not cool. We could literally see my mother's apartment from where it stopped but we were separated by a huge field, deep ditch and barbed wire fence so we had to trek the long way around the neighborhood. I strapped K to my back and we took off.

We made it to the apartment just fine but there was an adult sized bicycle stretched across the breezeway so that no one could get around it. I tried to step around it carefully because I had K strapped to me but of course I ended up kicking it rather hard, getting tangled in the spokes and it got the better of me. Rather, it got the better of my toes.

Now, if you have never had a broken toe, you may not know what its like. I, on the other hand, am an old pro at broken toes. In fact they are a yearly occurrence to me. What can I say, I'm slick like that. For those of you that haven't it is excruciatingly painful and a royal pain in the ass. Err, foot. You never really realize how much your toes really do until you break one of them and every step makes you cringe. Even the useless little one on the end that you think you could do fine without. Its necessary people. Who knew?

I, however, was not only lucky enough to break a toe, I broke the toe. The big one. Right in the joint.

Ow.

That is really all I could say. It hurts so much. It hurts sitting, It hurts laying down. It hurts even thinking about walking. It even hurt when the sheets would brush against it last night. Probably because it was so swollen it felt like my skin was ripping. It was swollen all the way up into the pads on the bottom of my foot. It took it awhile to start to bruise but sure enough, it did.

I am really hoping it won't take this one as long to heal up as the little ones do. I need it to heal faster. I can't walk much less run, so that one is out the window and that was really all I had planned for the rest of the week. I guess my clumsy side had better plans for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, that's horrible! Boo on the broken toe :( I hope it heals quickly. Uh, Happy New Year...?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover