Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?

~ Last Sunday, we cleaned out our garage to the point where we can actually fit the van in there and not risk injury or death by falling piles of debris. On Monday, I discovered another perk of having the car in the garage. Now, I can get the boys dressed and ready to go, buckle them into their carseats and then gather up the things we need and get myself ready! Its fabulous. Usually they had undressed or made messes on their clothes by the time I got myself ready to go and now, they can't. Best part is, the garage used to be sealed off to make a room so it is really well insulated so they don't get cold sitting there waiting. They just sit and talk to each other or play games or chill. (Don't freak out though, the house is a ranch and I can hear them from my room if they need me.)

~ I got schooled on manners by D this morning. We were sitting and eating breakfast together and after he had finished his second Ikea cinnamon roll, he started poking his fingers around on mine and picking the icing off. I told him to stop poking his fingers in my breakfast and he replied "Thats not nice Mama. You supposed to share with me!". Le sigh. What can I say, he was right.

~ My kids have way too many toys. Way too many. They have so many that they tend to just dump them all over the play room floor and then go bother my underwear drawer because they are overwhelmed. I need to go through them and get them ready for a garage sale but every time I do that, they find my box and put them back in the playroom. I'm going to have to find a better box hiding spot I suppose.

~ I lost my shit yesterday. To the point I had to lock myself in the closet and hide for a few minutes. Its been a stressful month and while I am not the overly emotion showing, cry when it hurts kind of person, I couldn't take it any more. So, I locked my self in and had a good, snot ridden sob while the boys banged on the door trying to get in. Eventually I let them in and they sat in the floor of my closet with me and we sang some songs and they snuggled in to my chest and I felt much better.


What are your confessions for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover