Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mommy Confessions

Render Me Mama


Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?

~ This week I wasted paper. More specifically, I wasted a new roll of perfectly good paper streamer. It was one of those days where they were all over me. All over me, the sofa, the curtains, the walls. You get the point. I needed a few minutes to sit down, check email, breathe and the like so I went to the pantry to the magic distraction box (If you don't have one of those, I highly suggest it) and there it was, sitting on the top of the bin. I handed it to D and he knew just what to do. He took into the living room, called K over and they unrolled and demolished that streamer like it was Christmas and there was a prize inside. When there wasn't they just proceeded to tear the stream into tiny little pices and throw them in the air like confetti. A waste? Maybe. Bought me half an hour of uninterrupted peace though, didn't it?

~ K, my hulk baby, is a terrible clutz. He does fine unless he tries to get going to fast or is looking somewhere else while walking the other way. He is just.. clumsy. Like his Mama. The thing is, when he realizes he is going to fall, he lets out this scream. Its a terrified, unreasonable scream like he is falling off a building. I'm talking he is screaming before he gets half way to the floor. Par for the course when you just happen to be K but I have to admit, it makes me laugh. Like a lot. Of course, I would never laugh if he was hurt or in danger, but when he trips and lands on his hands and screams like a banshee just bitch slapped him, its funny.

~ Still not excited about the holidays. Still no clue why. Somebody smack me.

~ D loves the grocery store. No clue why but he does. Every time I tell him we are going there, he gets all excited and pesters me about when we are leaving until we do leave. You would think I would learn but I don't. Last night, in fact, I was headed out to the grocery store at bedtime (Crazy!) and his daddy was going to put him to bed. D came to give me a kiss before his tubby and I let the G word slip.

"Mommy is going to the grocery store, I'll come kiss you when I get back."

Big mistake. Tears welled up in his eyes and he begged to go with me. Worst. Mommy. Ever. I ended up promising him we would go today and first thing he said out of his room this morning was "Time to go to the Grocery Store!". All will be right again after we go I suppose but next time I am going to tell him I am going to Disney World. I think he would be less disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I love the magic distraction box idea...and the paper streamer trick! Can't believe I didn't think of that before. I'm a new follower! Hope you will visit me back!

    www.all-americanbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the magic distraction box idea! Avery has a drawer filled with old magazines that she loves to tear to pieces and then throw in the air. It's so funny what entertains kids! Avery also loves the grocery store, it's one of her favorite errands to run. She loves the balloons they have all over the store, holding on to different product items we get, looking at all the people, and getting to try the samples.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover