Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday



 Music is a huge part of Tommy and I's relationship. Its something we bonded over in the beginning and still connect with now.  I will be posting the lyrics to a song and what it means to me every Monday (hopefully). At least until I run out of interesting things to say (Or I forget). Make sense? Feel free to do your own but please link back to me and add your site to the comments below!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin


Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
Oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Dialing for dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until 3.
So oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Oh lord won't you buy me a night on the town.
I'm counting on you lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round.
Oh lord won't you buy me a night on the town.
Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz


This song is classic, no? Having "things" is something that almost everyone I know struggles with. Some more than others, granted, but I guess its somewhat in our nature. Its something that we haxe really worked on in the last year ourselves. Tommy and me are both big time gadget people. We like try out the next big thing and have always pretty much gotten it. Instead, we are trying to focus more on things like vacations and day trips with the boys. Making family memories instead of collecting things that they won't remember. Next up will be trying to unload some of the stuff we have laying around in storage by selling it or donating to Goodwill.


This is also the first song I ever sang at Karaoke. Embarrassing fact #128.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a total classic!! I love music too. JJ, Bob Dylan, GD, those kind of artists always remind me of growing up. (My brother was way into that music, and so I got to know it well and like it too!)
    emily
    www.familyandlifeinlv.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover