Monday, August 16, 2010

Music Monday



 Music is a huge part of Tommy and I's relationship. Its something we bonded over in the beginning and still connect with now.  I will be posting the lyrics to a song and what it means to me every Monday (hopefully). At least until I run out of interesting things to say (Or I forget). Make sense? Feel free to do your own but please link back to me and add your site to the MckLinky below!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All I Want Is You By U2






You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
You say you want
Your story to remain untold


But all the promises we make
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you


You say you'll give me
A highway with no one on it
Treasure just to look upon it
All the riches in the night


You say you'll give me
Eyes in a moon of blindness
A river in a time of dryness
A harbour in the tempest
But all the promises we make
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you


You say you want
Your love to work out right
To last with me through the night


You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold


All the promises we break
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you


You...all I want is...
You...all I want is...
You...all I want is...
You...




Tommy and I have been married for just shy of six years. While I wish that I could tell you those six years had been nothing but happy, sweetheart years, I just can't. We have had our share of fights and threats of leaving and unhappiness. Therapy and long nights. Part of it stems from our personalities. T is a slow to anger, keep it inside for too long type of guy and I am a let it out now, quick to anger and spout off type of girl. Volcano, meet tornado. Its definitely something that has both helped an hurt our relationship in totally different ways.


One of those spells, has been all too recent. Add the stress of him working all the time, having only one car, two kids, trying to make things great financially, etc and you get one cranky, hostile environment. The fights and the yelling and the stomping around here were pretty intense. Our saving grace has always been our ability pare back. To just start letting guards down and get back to the bare bones of our relationship. Back to those first few months where all we needed was each other. We made things work. We laughed about the things we couldn't. Our love in its simplest form has always been there in the background. Nagging at us when we were angry. Even through times where we couldn't even talk to each other, all we needed was each other.

4 comments:

  1. Music has always been the thing my husband and I connect with as well. It brings us back to the core of who we are.


    Found your button on bloggy moms, so I'm following you now. Would love for you to stop by and visit me soon.

    Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is actually one of the few things my hubby and I don't agree on. I'm a country girl and he likes heavy metal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Hello.... stumbled upon your blog and just wanted to say that I love your music mondays, and always enjoy a good video post. My husband and I also bonded through music (infact we met through concerts) and still continue to enjoy live music of all sorts today....funny though- we never even knew both of us were going to college for wildlife biology and now travel and work together.....

    Glad to be following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm now following you back! You're boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover