Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mommy Confessions Week 5

Ok, so we all have them. I have decided its time to stop keeping them to myself in hopes that other mommies will realize that none of us are perfect. Here are my dirty little secrets for the week in hopes it will encourage me to be better. What are yours?



~ The other day I was sitting in my chair, chatting with some friends online when I realized the boys were just a little too quiet. All I could hear was a quiet whooshing sound coming from my bedroom. So I jumped up and took off to see what they were up to. When I walked into my bedroom, I saw D and K sitting in the floor on either side of my double breast pump. D had pulled up K's shirt and was "pumping" K's chest while just sat there and watched. You guys, I just about died laughing. I laughed so hard I couldn't go find the camera to take a picture. It was grand.


~ D got up extra early one morning and I had been up late the night before piddling around, so I turned on the TV for him and promptly passed back out on the couch only to be woken up about half an hour later to D dumping a box of cereal on the coffee table. That is a messy mistake I won't be making again.


~ Last night, I went out with two of my friends for dinner. People, I was a little too excited to be leaving the house sans kids. Like, almost giddy. I even made up my face and thats big around here. I love my kids more than anything on Earth but Mama needed a break.


~ I woke up my toddler last night when I got home to get a kiss and a hug which he returned enthusiastically before curling up in my arms and going back to sleep. Turns out I missed him quite a bit while I had my "break". Who knew emotions could be so fickle? (K was still up when I got home so I got to snuggle him to sleep too. Double win.)


~ I still have not done any planning for the boys party. Still. Its in a month and we don't have a place to have it. Lets hope next week this won't make the confessional... again.

2 comments:

  1. OMG the pumping story is PRICELESS!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pump - that is just too funny!

    At least there wasn't milk with the cereal!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover