Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kicking my rear

Into gear. Hopefully anyway. I really need to get back into shape. Its on the 2010 list so I really do need to get at it. The problem is that.. well, I'm lazy. I would so much rather eat out than have to cook. I would love to just sit around and play with the boys all day. I nap daily. Just lazy. Sloth really is a deadly sin and in my case it has gotten the best of me in the last few years. I viewed my pregnancies as a get out of exercise free card and it hasn't really gotten any better when I am not pregnant. The challenge comes in getting enough calories to support my copious milk production while not getting too many and them keeping me fat. The result? Get more exercise. Blah. Not my favorite.

I used to be a pretty active person. Running, playing tennis, swimming and all that jazz. Now I just need to kick myself back into the habit. T and I have already decided that once it gets warm again that we will start playing tennis together again. He is a great motivator when we play because he is typically competitive and its fun showing him whose boss on the court. Lets face it, he can hit the ball but moving a six and a half foot large framed man around the court take quite a bit of effort. So its much easier for me to keep him running and not hitting. There goes my secret.

My bestie and I are also going to try and hold each other more accountable. She got onto me yesterday because I posted on Facebook about my new years cheesecake. Rightly smitted but that cheesecake was irresistible. It called to me, I swear. We are also going to be doing some exercising together which will help. A big part of exercising for me is having someone to talk to. I feel so dumb doing it alone in the house or with the kids staring at me like I've lost my mind. At least with another adult I wouldn't feel so lame.

So here goes. If I start turning incoherent though, someone call an ambulance. Or bring me a taco...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I just noticed that you are following my blog and I'm so excited to have you as a reader!

    I have the same new years resolution. I'm going to get back into that body that I had BEFORE kids!

    I'm also starting a weekly cooking vlog that I hope you stop by and watch. I will be focusing on simple meals that are healthy and fun for the whole family.

    Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover