Thursday, November 19, 2009

Brothers

"A brother is a friend given by Nature." ~ Jean Baptiste Legouve

My son, D, is spoiled. Not in a bratty, bossy kind of way. More in a only stateside grandson, son of a shopaholic kind of way. He has always gotten a lot of attention from everyone in his little world, including strangers. What can I say he is cute (what mom would say their child isn't?).

So, when I found out I was pregnant with K, I immediately started to worry. Worry about rocking D's world with a new little attention getter. Worry about how he would react. Worry if he would be rough or gentle. Worry if he would understand. Wonder if he would resent me. Worry, worry, worry.

I am proud to say though, he has been the perfect brother. From the very first time they met, D has been K's shadow. He asks about him first thing in the morning. "Helps" me change his diapers and brings me things when I am nursing K. He is full of hugs and kisses for his brother and always points him out to strangers when they speak to him. He could not be any more the opposite of everything I feared. He is gentle and sweet and patient. SUCH a good big brother. Not to say that he doesn't need some special mommy snuggles sometimes or that he won't ever get to where he gets frustrated when K takes his toys. For now though, they seem to be the best of friends that nature can give. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Mama some comment love! I always try to pay a visit back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover